Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

More baby hummingbirds

My newest baby Anna's hummingbirds are about ready to fly.  I've been keeping their nest a secret because the last two hummingbird nests, built closer to the ground, had been vandalized and chicks and eggs went missing.  But, these guys can probably fly now, so I feel they're safe.


I also worked at a place, today, where there was a duck pond and saw 7 baby ducklings and killdeer (and a great blue heron stalking the ducklings, there, too!).  Someone who works there say that, usually, most of the ducklings survive at that pond.  I didn't have my camera, so I didn't take any pictures of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment