Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Looking for the curlew sandpiper

I've been hearing reports of a curlew sandpiper in the Imperial Beach area for the last few days and decided to go check it out because I missed the last one that was there.  Well, I didn't see this one, either.  I did see some of these other birds, though:

Reddish egret

Gull-billed tern

Cliff swallow gathering mud

Cliff swallow nests on nearby apartment buildings
I also saw lots upon lots of black-bellied plovers in non-breeding plumage and semiplamated plovers in breeding plumage, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment