Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Injured duck alert! Also, it's getting loony!

There is a cute, friendly female mallard at Lake Murray (in San Diego) with what looks like a fishing hook in her leg/foot. I tried to catch her, but she got suspicious of me and went across the lake. She seems mostly OK, just limping. I am not sure if the hook can be removed without a vet.



I originally thought it was Flycatcher, but she's doing just fine.



Also, all three "Fish Food" ducklings are doing well, too.



And, here is Chocolate 2 (the female):



"Ducky" (the lost duckling) is a girl! Here she is:



I thought she would be a boy with her green bill. There's another female duck that I thought might be a male, but she is definitely a female and starting to flirt.


Also seen:


Several ruddy ducklings:



The pretty female gadwall:



And, a first for me, a common loon:

The killdeer were nowhere to be seen, but I heard at least 2, one near where George likes to hide and another near the ballfields.


No comments:

Post a Comment