Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Drizzy Day

Shy, all by herself

Today, I came late in the day. It has been drizzling hard all day and I have a feeling that it will be worse tomorrow, so I wanted to come tonight. I had to use my little flash, which I don't like to use because it sometimes bothers the birds and I don't want to hurt or bother them. Most of the time, they don't seem to notice, though.

I didn't check the ballfield area, but in George's area, I only saw one killdeer, a lone female. I am not sure, but I think it's Shy. It's unusual that she's alone, but I have been noticing that she has been staying away from her dad more and more. If he calls, she will come up to him, but otherwise she stays by herself or with Killer, whom I didn't see, also.

Shy

The water levels were high and George hates that. Also, where George goes, so does the rest of the family.

Also seen:

My sandpiper friend followed me around the lake





Also, the geese were in the middle of the road, gathering around this puddle when there's a big lake a few feet away. Later, they were all surrounding me, hoping for food. My allergies started to act up at that time.



These two ganders always try to bite me, the brown one has grabbed me once and pushed against me violently. But, usually he's OK if you don't get too close. I think he likes to chase and boss women around, mostly. No wonder why he has no girlfriends.



Tom was so hungry this afternoon, he kept looking at my camera bag hoping that there was food inside. There wasn't. A lot of people were probably not at the lake today due to the weather, so I think he and the geese were hungry.



I saw three wood ducks, two beautiful males and a female. Here is a male:



And, here is the female:




And, here's my lost baby ducky. He followed me everywhere today, all over the lake:

No comments:

Post a Comment