Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Junior's back; new killdeer eggs

Junior came back very early.  This is the earliest I've seen him since he hatched.



The Beautiful Dad has a new egg.  I almost stepped on it.  I sure hope my scent doesn't lead predators to it. It's near where the nest was last year.



George's daughter seems to really like Pollux.


Here is Pollux.



I saw a black phoebe building a nest:



I'm not sure, but I think this is the gull that I saw the vultures picking on last week.  He looks better, but still sick.  He's watching the other gulls fly over him.




Two doves on a roof, one was coming in for a landing (or taking off):



For some reason, Jill's Canada goose and all the other geese abandoned her.  She screamed for a long time, but they ignored her, so she spent the day alone.  I think they will all gather again at night.  



Saw one gadwall:



Hurt-wing was in a great mood, bright eyed and seemed happy:



Latte (Buffy2) and the crested duck:


No comments:

Post a Comment