Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Goose fight!



Louie and Jill are still fighting over at Lake Murray.  I think Louie is frustrated with her not responding to his constant flirting.  I think I did see her nod her head at him a couple of times, though.

Louie pursuing Jill

When Louie grabs her, she grabs him back and kicks him.  Then, they begin fighting with their wings:


After a second or two, one of the Canada geese starts to attack Louie.


In this fight, a third goose attacked the Canada goose after he grabbed Jill's back feathers.



I found out, though, that Jack (Jill's mate) was not taken away to the vet's and that he, most likely, was stolen from the lake.

Other than that, nothing much is going on.

Northern shoveler

Gadwall

Clark's grebe

Kestrel

3 lesser goldfinches

Boat dock duck gang



1 comment:

  1. Wow. Great actions shots of the fights. I feel like I was almost there. I hope they all work it out soon. Sorry to hear about Jack. :(

    ReplyDelete