Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Buffleheads, teals and wigeons

First, before we get to the ducks  today at Lake Murray, I found this female killdeer all by herself.  I don't know who she is, but she seems similar to Georgina.  No other killdeer were seen today.


Also, here's a nice looking red-winged blackbird.


OK, now for some ducks.  First, a a female wigeon hanging around with the mallards:


Buffleheads:



Female green-winged teal:


A lady across the lake has named the Swedish that was dropped off at the lake last March, Oreo:


She calls his friend Aflac, but that would make him Aflac 3:


I thought I saw a spoon on this duck's face, so I thought it was Bossy (Spoonface), but from this angle, you can't see a spoon, so I am thinking twice about this being him:


Bigboi was not seen and since he's been ill lately, I am worried about him. I also haven't seen Curly lately, either.  

No comments:

Post a Comment