Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Bossy Spoonface

Bossy (Spoonface) was so cute today.  He was waiting for food with all the other ducks on the other side of the lake.  But, I don't think the guy came to feed them.  (He's not a bossy duck, but his sister was and his whole family were called the bossy ducklings).




Curly was hanging out with Donald and the runner ducks:


I also saw the gadwalls again:



And, I saw a downy woodpecker pecking on a tree.


And, the osprey trying to get his breakfast:


Finally, a killdeer, I think it's George III.  Probably hanging out here hoping a girl will come by.


I think I also saw Squiggy, still without a mate.

And, finally, I did a photo essay on Gather about these finches using a drinking fountain as a birdbath.  You can see the whole essay here.  








No comments:

Post a Comment