Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Bossy Duck Returns!


It was very dark and getting ready to rain when I saw Bossy duck and another, older male, fly in to Del Cerro Point. They get fed there in the morning and he wanted to get something to eat.


Baby Doodle was also there and bossing Bossy around:


I also saw the male "friendly duck" there, but couldn't get a good photo of him.

It was difficult to get photos, at first, because it was dark. Then, it was raining, later, so I didn't get a whole lot of photos.

I did see Doodle's "place-keeper" there:


The geese were out milling about.  I think they liked the cooler weather.  Plus, not that many people were there to feed them today, so I think they were hungry.


It's too bad Hop-a-long Bill isn't around anymore, his ring-billed friends are beginning to show up.  It would have made him happy to see one of his own kind:


Baby Bob, feeding close to the ground:

 

I saw this eared grebe near the killdeers.  I think it's the same one that kinda hangs out there every year.


Killdeer photos:

I think the first photo is of George or another related adult, but the rest were of the youngsters:




No comments:

Post a Comment