Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Snowie's baby continues


Snowie's baby is 4 weeks old today, but still looks like a 10 day old, just a little larger and a bit fatter.  He copies everything his mother does almost exactly. I've noticed that Snowie also does weird things with her eyes, so that might be where he got it from.  But, he's the boss of the two and when he wants to go somewhere else, he will peep for his mother to follow and she does.





There is only one baby coot left, probably the youngest of the three.  I'm betting the other two probably went off on their own.




There was a blue heron watching the baby coot and duckling who didn't even seem to notice him.  He doesn't like me, so he left the area, probably to hunt squirrels somewhere.



Pepper is in his eclipse plumage and looks so beautiful.  For those who don't know, Pepper is Bigboi the Cayuga's son.  His other half was a wild mallard.  He used to be able to fly until he broke his wing when he was about 7 or 8 months old.



I managed to photograph a Bewick's wren:



And, there was a pair of snowy egrets foraging together, but I didn't get a good photo of the two together.


I heard the killdeer near the golf course and I think it might be Squeak and Pollux with youngsters.

No comments:

Post a Comment