Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Duck and killdeer update


The killdeer are all scattered around, still.  I'm not sure who this is in the first photo, but it might be Little Miracle:



I am pretty sure this is Smudge, I think her sister Peanut might have been in the area, but got scared off.


For some reason, they seem to want to befriend Miracle, but I don't think Miracle was happy with them being around:


Pollux was seen all by himself making sad deets. All three of his chicks are off on their own and I don't know where Squeak went to.

After not seeing her for a while, "Mama's Little Weakling" was seen in her usual spot in the canal.  She is going on six months old now.


An update on Cinnamon and one of her boyfriends:


And, Big Daddy:

The ducklings, Zippy and Skippy and their mom, Yellowcheeks:


And, finally, two coots having an argument.  But, they resolved it peacefully, which is unusual for coots:




No comments:

Post a Comment