Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

All ducks get into the water!


All ducks get into the water! (because there's a hawk nearby!)

And, they did:

It was a juvenile red-shouldered hawk being harassed by the gulls:


And, all the ducks stayed in deep water while it was there on that tree branch.  Fish Food Mama made alarm calls.


Later, the hawk went out to look for Skippy and Zippy, but I think they were well hidden.

I saw this juvenile killdeer in George's territory, but I don't think it's the same one I used to see there before because it has no spots on it like the last one and I think it's a male.  He does look a lot like a fat George or Junior, though.


Nom, nom, nom, nom, yum bugs!

A word about Pekins at the lake:

Each time I visit the lake, it seems like I see more and more Pekin ducks, lately.  Before June, there were only four Pekin ducks at the lake, now there is 11 and I wonder when all the Pekin duck dumping is going to stop.  I hate it when they die because they all don't live very long out there in the wild and they're so sweet and loveable, you can't help getting attached to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment