Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Doodle and his button



Doodle the wood duck found a button yesterday and it looked like he was trying to eat it. Because his tongue is not in his mouth, he can't exactly tell very well that it's not edible. I could hear him trying to break it apart with his bill. A couple of times, I tried to get it away from him, but he just went into the water and swam away. I haven't seen him since.


I sure hope he didn't swallow that thing and choke.




Also, now there are four in the group of youngest ducklings at the lake and I thought I saw two more somewhere else. These ducklings are the ones that most likely hatched in late August. Mom sure kept them hidden well.






No comments:

Post a Comment