Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Digger's family comes to visit

Today, I went with my mom to Lake Murray and I noticed four killdeer in George's feeding area. Other than Digger and Killer, one looked like Digger's dad and, possibly, her mom, too.

Here's a couple of photos of Digger and Killer hanging out:





Here's a photo of their dad, but I don't know who was the killdeer facing away from me was. Probably his daughter or his mate. He looks a little beat up:




I didn't get a good photo of the mom this time. Killer did chase the dad around a little bit, but it didn't seem serious and everyone pretty much got along.

I didn't take any other photos today, but I did see Ducky and his adopted siblings. They're doing very well. The geese are also fine. But, I didn't see Tom the muscovy duck. He's been very tired lately. Mostly he gets his food in the morning and sleeps the rest of the day. His eyesight is getting worse and I think he's got cataracts in at least one of his eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment