Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Monday, October 14, 2013

Long-billed dowitcher and RIP Jill the goose

Long-billed dowitcher hiding behind some tall grass

A long-billed dowitcher had decided to stop and get something to eat at Lake Murray this morning.  Here he is with a mallard:


This teal was following me around and making a big racket.



Baby Blue might not be a blue Swedish duck afterall.  I think he's part runner and part Swedish:



Here's a video of the little duck:





There haven't been too many gulls other than the usual western gulls which breed here in San Diego.  And, there's only been a few juveniles, all of them are first years:



Mama osprey came back to her nest:



And, sad news.  When I went to feed Jill, I found her laying on the ground, dead.  I don't think she lived much longer than when I last saw her yesterday when she refused to eat.  Here's a photo from her last week when she seemed a little better.


No comments:

Post a Comment