Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Fish Food Mama's Ducklings

Fish Food Mama, the mom of the three ducks Peaches, Caramel, and Butterscotch, is still doing well with her five little ducklings now about 9 days old.  I am so surprised that they have survived so long is such a dangerous location with herons, ravens, crows, gulls, and human children who like to chase and throw rocks and them.








Neo Update:


No sign of Neo's mom at all, but Neo seems to be healthy and not in distress.  He is now 25 days old and totally alone.  He comes out of his hiding place for about 10 to 15 minutes and then disappears.




Saw 4 baby green herons in the reeds, 3 of them pictured here:


Later, I came back and only saw one of them:



Squeak and Pollux are still taking care of their chicks, which are hiding:

Squeak

Pollux

I saw this California king snake.  Junior's mate was really upset about it as it is a threat to her chicks or eggs.  I didn't see it trying to get any chicks or eggs, it seemed to want to cross the road.


I also saw what I think might be Bob's mate and Bob herself nearby.


No comments:

Post a Comment