Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Shorebirds seen today at the San Diego River Mouth

I took my bike out today and took some pictures at the San Diego River Mouth. Many of the birds were too far to get good shots. But, here are some examples of what I saw:

Long-Billed Curlew:


Lesser Yellowlegs:



Greater and little heron:



Black-bellied plovers and snowy egrets:



In this photo are some western gulls, pelicans, black-bellied plovers, least tern and a snowy egret:



Juvenile and adult willets:







And, at least 1 whimbrel:



Also seen were a few marbled godwits, but I didn't get good photos of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment