Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Monday, June 9, 2014

More baby photos and a video

Here are some more baby photos and a video I took at Lake Murray.  First, a visit from the famous Pepper, star of my book, Pepper Grows Up now on Amazon.com:



All the geese are molting and poor Picked-on, who didn't have much of a tail to begin with, now has no tail at all.  I don't know if he'll ever get a tail again.  He's already flightless anyway.



The goose family is doing great.  They are such great parents.



Mom with the seven ducklings are still around, all seven of them:




This little one is a troublemaker.  He's a bit younger than the others, but is over-active and leads his siblings astray to do naughty things.  I hope he doesn't get caught by the heron as he's still small and off on his own a lot.  He led another duckling down to where some older ducklings were resting and that other duckling picked fights with the bigger ducks.  Mama duck doesn't seem to care.



I also saw the mama with the three oldest ducklings at the lake.  One appears to be a male, but I don't know about the others.



I made a Youtube video of some of yesterday's events:




No comments:

Post a Comment