Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Some old favorites return



Some old favorites are being seen at the lake right now.  First, here is George III, whom I last saw following Junior and his mate around a few months back;



I think this might be Squeak, who has been missing for a very long time.  I can see her little "bow tie" on her forehead.



I am fairly sure the one on the right is Dee, Killer's mate.  I think Killer was there, too.  The one on the left looks to be a young male killdeer, perhaps George IV, her son, or another son.



Don't know who this next one is, but it might be Pollux's son:



Hurt wing is alive and well, she's about 16 months old now and has had a broken wing for about 13 or 14 months:


Louie and Picked On"


Jill and her Canada gander mate:


Pat, the bi-gender duck:


And, three young ducks.

I don't think I've seen George and Martha lately, but I'm not sure.  And, Fred the greater yellowlegs is back and was calling for all his friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment