Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Lots of killdeer and a pelican

Killdeer at sunrise

Lots of killdeer around today, hanging around in Cooper's hawk territory.  I think I counted nine or ten of them including Squeak:

Squeak

And Miracle (I think that's Killer Jr. in the background):



Three other killdeer.  I think one might be Killer and the others might be the offspring of the "Beautiful Dad":



This one looks like George III:



Fred, the greater yellowlegs, has finally found the killdeers and is happy now:


Unfortunately, the feeling doesn't seem to be mutual on the killdeer's end:



A white pelican visited Lake Murray today, but he didn't seem to be very hungry and looked to be not feeling too good.  I think he might just be tired and needed to rest:


I'm not 100% sure, but I think the faded mallard drake might be one of Indy's brothers:


These might be Indy's other siblings, but no sign of Indy anywhere:



This is the first northern shoveler I've seen at the lake so far this year.  The scaups are starting to come in, too.  But, the only gadwall's I've seen, so far,  are the ones that are at the lake all year-round.



No comments:

Post a Comment