Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Pool Phoebe


Here's a slightly blurry shot of the black phoebe who has been hanging around our pool. I think he is the son of the phoebe living in the next building. The neighbor's cat hangs out right where this photo was taken even though it's against the apartment complex rules to have pets in the pool area. But, the cat hasn't been seen in this area for a few days, pretty much since the phoebe started hanging around. I don't know if the bird attacked the cat or not, I can't imagine this little tweety bird is capable of doing that.

I just hope that the bird relies on his instincts and doesn't get caught by the cat, who shouldn't be there in the first place. I may say something to the neighbor if I see the cat hanging around there, though I doubt they will do anything about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment