Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Before the rain

While today we have rain, yesterday was mostly cloudy.  But, some sun did come through and made Lake Murray look really still and pretty.



There are three white pelicans there now.  Here are two of them:



This young ring-bill looks very pretty with her chevrons:

Look at me!  I'm a pretty gull!


I found the horned grebe when the light was low.  I didn't see the hooded merganser, but someone came along later and said he saw her:



Lots more gadwalls around now:



I didn't see Baby Blue when I first arrived.  But, later, I saw him with Pepper.  I had to disturb both of them because I wanted Blue to stand so I can check his crop.  I'm still thinking that he's pigging out on bread across the lake early in the morning.  He seems to be accepted, now, by most of the other ducks.  I just hope he's nice to Pepper:




No comments:

Post a Comment