Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Friday, November 8, 2013

All killdeers! My favorite bird.

Killdeer are my favorite birds.  :)

Today, I saw a family of five killdeer flying around near Padre Point at Lake Murray.  I think it might have been George, his babies and maybe a new mate.  I did see some "large, round" killdeer of which one might be Martha, but I'm not sure.  Or, it might not have been George at all.

Here's one of the daughters.  She looks a lot like George.  I think I had one picture of George with her, but it was blurry.




This is the male killdeer that has taken over Padre Point and was challenging George.  I think he might have been interested in George's daughters, though.  He's very young, probably three months old and could be related to George or, perhaps, Georgina and Spike.  He yells at all humans just like Junior did.



On the other side of the lake, I found Miracle all alone.  It's not the first time she's been there all alone, but I worry about her mate, Killer Junior, because I think he's the one with the broken leg.  He might be taking care of their three grown chicks:



Killer was also there and was with a female that was not Dee.  I don't know who she is, but they seemed to know each other:



That's the female in front with Killer in the background.  Perhaps she's a daughter since I know Dee is still his mate and he hasn't taken a new one:


No comments:

Post a Comment