Anyway, I am going to be assigning names to some of the more commonly observed killdeer that I write about. I will also be changing the "territory map" to reflect current observations that I've seen recently, as killdeer are starting to breed in this area.
Here are some names I've picked out:
- M1= He will still be called "Little Male" in my posts, but also can be called "Junior".
- F3= "Martha"
- M2's second mate more recently observed: "Mary"
- One of M6's chicks is named "Digger", but could be changed later
- M4= "Grandpa" or "Old Male"
- M4's most recent mate: "Bo"