Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Monday, May 31, 2010

Where's the Phoebe Nest?

I hear a constant peeping right above my apartment and the constant call of a phoebe nearby, but I don't see any nests. Phoebes like to nest on the edges of buildings near overhangs and the like. Sorta using the building like a cliff. I do see the Phoebe flittering around the building next door, but I haven't found any nests. I hear a constant "peep" "peep" all day long. Also, there is a concentration of bird excrement in one area near a tree, but I still see no nest, phoebe or otherwise. I'm guessing, also, there's a house finch nest (or several) nearby, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment