Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Saturday, June 22, 2019

Update at Lake Murray

Sorry that it's been so long! I don't go to the lake as regularly as I usually do. The lake is full of geese and goslings now! Weird thing is that they don't creche there and many of the families fight.  I found this little guy all by himself with no other goslings his age. I took him to Project Wildlife a few weeks ago and haven't heard anything since.


More goslings from this season, including two very large families. One family has managed to retain and raise seven goslings almost to adulthood.




Geese are so fun and Canada geese are the best.



There have been several common gallinule chicks hatched at the lake from this one female. It appears that the female does everything. There is no sign of the male at all.


And, of course, ducklings. Unfortunately, I was gone for a while and didn't see a whole lot of ducklings. However, I did see a few broods have ducklings make it to flying age.




No comments:

Post a Comment