Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Monday, May 28, 2018

Updates and Alaska Trip

I've been very busy lately,  but I did take some bird pictures. I haven't been keeping a whole lot of track of the ducks at the lake. Several have gone missing. For example, I haven't seen the puffy-headed pekin and his girlfriend for a while. Also, we've had several really young ducklings dumped which didn't make it. There are a couple of new domestic ducks, too, including a Muscovy hybrid (Mulard).

New Moulard at the Lake

Miss Half-Face showed up again this year with what looks like a bad infection. I'm not sure, but I think someone finally caught her. I haven't seen her in a while.

Miss Half-Face



Also,  I went to Cordova, Alaska for their Copper River Delta shorebird festival. Here are some of the pictures I took of the town and the birds. Most of the birds were the same as they are around San Diego, but in their breeding colors.

Mount Eyak

Not sure which mountain this is.

Hartney Bay with geese

Greater white-fronted geese

Off the Henly Trail

Henly Trail easy part

Western and least sandpiper with a few dunlin

Snow geese

Whimbrels and peeps

Hartney Bay in the mountin

Hartney Bay in the evening


Bald eagle hanging out in the neighborhood

At the lake,  two broods of Canada geese have arrived so far. There's been a few broods of ducklings, but not a whole lot. Grey Babba seems to have taken a new wife, but she has a wandering eye, so I am not sure if that marriage is going to last.


Blonde duck also has a new dumped girlfriend of his very own.






No comments:

Post a Comment