Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Random Rambles and Pictures

I just thought that, since I have't posted in a while, that I would post a few random updates.

I saw Pepper the duck a couple of weeks ago at Lake Murray. He'll be 7 this year.


Several ring-necked ducks are also at Lake Murray right now.


Remember Snowie and Snowy's duckling, Uno? Well, he's back with his girlfriend. He's less red now, but still looks a lot like his mom and dad.


This new gray duck was dropped off the lake a few months ago. She's doing well so far. I think we also had a new female Pekin, but something happened to her.


Fat little spotted sandpiper is spending the winter at the lake.


Here's a sunset photo from Lake Murray in November.


I went to the Southeast Arizona bird festival last August. I got some OK pictures. Here's what I think is a Laconte's Thrasher at the Payton Center for Hummingbirds.


Lots of White-winged doves there, too.


And, of course, hummingbirds. I saw several species there. Here are two different kinds right here.


I was also at the Salton Sea last weekend. Not much going on there, though. No ducks or pelicans.


Ring-billed gulls flying by:


Stilts, too, and a couple killdeer, but not much else.

No comments:

Post a Comment