Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Lake Update

Nothing much going on at the lake. I got a report of ducklings last weekend, but I looked very hard and saw no sign of them. Many of the female ducks have disappeared, but a few are around.

This duck looks a lot like Peaches, one of the "Fish Food" ducklings from last summer:



Digger and Killer were there in the morning, but all the killdeer had completely disappeared within a few hours. Here's a photo of Digger:



Kinda reminds of this baby photo of her:



Ducky was there. I think his girlfriend is gone, but there was another female with him and about ten other drakes were following her around:



And, finally, it looks like the western kingbirds are back:

No comments:

Post a Comment