Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Rose-Ring Parakeet flock in College Area

There is a flock of what I suspect to be rose-ring parakeets flying around the College Area of San Diego. I hear that there was a colony on SDSU and the trees or habitat they used was destroyed. The people who had removed the habitat say that the birds haven't been there in 14 years. Well, I've been hearing the flock flying around for the last week or two. I even saw them at the College Grove shopping center.

If you've seen the birds and have video and/or photographs, please let me know. If you get photos before I do, I will post them here with credit to you.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment