Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Monday, November 14, 2016

Great Egrets Fighting

I was counting birds at Lake Murray when I spotted these two great egrets fighting. I think one was a juvenile and the other had a mate setting up a nest in a tree about a 1/4 mile away. They had been fighting for a couple of minutes before I started taking pictures. A couple of times, one had the other completely under water.

The coot is a referee:


The ducks initially swam away, but came back to watch. I think that might be little Troublemaker, the mallard.






The looser looked like he had swallowed some water and didn't look good the next few times I saw him.

In other news, Pumpkin is still missing, though Sissy has been doing very well. Pumpkin always had some kind of health issue and it's still possible that she passed away, though I thought I heard her quacking a month ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment