Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Redheads!

I heard a strange sound early in the morning that I couldn't figure out.  A little later, I thought I heard what sounded like quail, but it was coming from all over the place.

The sound actually came from the male redhead duck!

Heehuuuahh! Said the male redhead

Female redhead by herself.  She didn't like that male redhead:




Redhead among the coots:





This redhead couple sure were in a hurry to get somewhere:



I think this and another group of redheads were after them.  The males constantly called:




Rubberband and two of her brothers were nearby.  I think her third brother was off on his own, probably because he saw a female he liked.



The blonde duck has been hanging around the boat docks lately:



Pepper was with his brother.  He's so shy.


No comments:

Post a Comment