Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year's Day Shorebirds

Here we go, counting shorebirds on New Year's Day. But, today it was very cold in the morning, so not a lot of birds were out flying around. This resulting in me seeing almost no gulls, terns, starlings, or anything else that likes to fly around early in the morning.  Here are some highlights:

First, I was greeted by wigeon and northern pintail duck butts:



Some birds were far away, like these avocets as well as a whole lot of stilts, too:


Short-billed dowitchers were sleeping all over the place:


Least sandpipers:


Some of these guys were sleeping:


Willet and godwit:

Willets:



And, a few days ago, I did a Christmas Bird Count in Escondido.  I didn't take a lot of photos, but I did get some of the common ground doves:


No comments:

Post a Comment