Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Friday, February 22, 2013

Killdeer and Swallows

Killer Jr. about to do his funny jumping thing

Today, there wasn't much to photograph.  I saw Killer Jr. and his mate, Miracle.

Here is Killer Jr. after doing his weird, twisty, jerking, jumping thing he likes to do when he wants to play.



Miracle was very mellow and watched the swallows flying around.



I saw mostly tree swallows, but a few northern rough-winged swallow and I swear I saw one violet-green swallow, but can't be too sure.  Here are some photos of some tree swallows:





All the ducks at the lake are doing fine.  The hawk is getting ready to nest and the osprey are already nesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment