Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Audubon walk at Chollas Lake

This morning, I went on a San Diego Audubon walk at Chollas lake.

A few ducks thought we might have food:


I don't know if they realized that there is a peregrine falcon big enough to eat them right above.  But, I think the falcon already ate:


Not far away, the pigeons were going nuts.  Someone said that they saw a merlin near here.  They ended up roosting in this tree:



Saw this beautiful, young Cayuga duck. She has only one small white feather.  There was another one like her there, too:


A northern harrier gave us a show.  Unfortunately, the photos weren't clear because my lens is slow and he was flying:



Lots of red tailed hawks seen today, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment