Hello! Most of my posts take place around San Diego County, (Mostly Lake Murray) unless otherwise noted.
For more posts and photos, I also post on Hubpages, a site that is a bit different than others. Thanks!: Shorebirdie on Hubpages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

M4, "Mister Cool"

Yes, I'm cool. Look at me.

Here are some photos of M4 who is relatively calm around people compared to other killdeer on the lake. He will deet at you if he thinks that you don't see him, but I don't think I've ever heard him trill or scream. Unfortunately for him, his territory is really close to where they put the fireworks show for 4th of July. Maybe that's why he's so calm, he's been through a lot already. But, let's see how cool he can be if he gets a female.

You looking at me?


I know you're looking at me!
(Sorry it's fuzzy)

***Update: This could actually be a female that is a regular resident/visitor to this area, but I can't be sure. Usually, the resident male would always be watching out for her, but in all the cases, up to this time, there were no other killdeer in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment